The best electricity providers in Pennsylvania bring a whole lot more to the table than simply the lowest rates. They prioritize their customers’ needs, offering a combination of dependable energy products with dedicated, 24/7 professional service. Additionally, top providers often have a mission that aligns with customers’ values or supports charities they care about.
Did you know some providers even offer perks like donating volunteer hours, planting trees, or giving back to your preferred charity simply for choosing them? (Pretty cool, right?)
ElectricityRates.com has done extensive research to compile the Best Electricity Providers in Pennsylvania for 2023. To handle this job, we used our Provider Score rating system, which takes a comprehensive review of choices available so you can easily pick your perfect electricity provider.
Our Provider Score rating system is based on four major factors:
Product offerings & innovation:
Does the provider have a wide range of energy products you’re looking for at a competitive price? Are they committed to regularly offering new and innovative products to their customers? We dig through all of their product offers and highlight any cancellation or hidden power fees so you’re never caught off guard.
Accessibility & Support:
when you have a pressing question or the power flickers during a big storm, you want to know your provider has you covered. Don’t risk you and your loved one’s safety with providers who outsource their customer support. We examine each provider’s support capabilities. This includes whether the provider has e-bill pay, online chat, and a 24/7 hotline phone number.
What are customers saying about the provider’s service and products? We analyze reviews from all major reputable sources, including Google, Yelp, Better Business Bureau, and more!
Business history & community reach:
Our team researches providers to ensure they are in good standing with the Better Business Bureau, do not have any dangerous recalls or customer complaints, and verify how long the business has operated in good standing. We also let you know if the energy provider gives back to the community.
After much investigation and review of all reputable and verified providers by the P.A. Public Utilities Commission, we have the best possible options identified.
And without further ado, here are the results…
The Best Pennsylvania Electricity Providers for 2023
The Best Pennsylvania Electricity Provider is Constellation.
For the second year in a row, Constellation has earned the highest Provider Score and takes the top spot as the Best Electricity Provider in Pennsylvania.
Service AreasCT, GA, IL, OH, MA, MD, NJ, PA, TX
Constellation is the nation's leading provider of carbon-free energy with a commitment to be 100% carbon-free by 2040. They serve over 2.5 million residential and business customers across the United States.
- Flexible plans that fit practically any need, including 100% renewable, smart-home, and A/C protection plans
- Excellent customer service and accessibility via online chat
- 20+ years of experience serving millions of residential and business customers
- Outstanding community work through Habitat for Humanity, E2 Energy grants, and more
The Best Green Energy Provider is Energy Harbor.
Service AreasIL, MD, OH, PA
Energy Harbor is a retail energy provider specializing in providing clean, carbon-free energy for residents and businesses. They’re headquartered in Akron, Ohio and serve nearly one-million customers across Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania. Safety, reliability and sustainability are outlined as Energy Harbor’s core values.
The Best Green Electricity Provider for 2023 is Energy Harbor.
Why Energy Harbor?
- Energy Harbor offers a variety of affordable green and carbon-free electricity plans that help customers do their part to build a sustainable future
- Supplier of roughly 33 terawatt hours of clean carbon free energy, which is enough to power more than 3.5 million homes and businesses annually
- Partnership with the United Way Foundation that raised $500,000 during the 2022 United Way Annual Campaign
- Committed to becoming a 100% carbon free, energy infrastructure and supply company in 2023
Most Charitable Electricity Provider: Direct Energy
Service AreasCT, IL, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TX, DC
Serving nearly 4 million residential customers, Direct Energy is one of the largest electricity, natural gas and home services providers in North America. They are also one of the largest commercial and industrial electricity with over 240,000 business electricity customers.
Serving people and communities at its core, Direct Energy took the top spot for the Most Charitable Electricity Provider:
Why Direct Energy?
- $5 million commitment to expand the Texas Children’s Heart Center at Texas Children’s Hospital
- Their Neighbor-to-Neighbor Bill Assistance program helps relieve up to $700 annually to low-income customers who qualify for the program
- $10,000 donated to Bike for Students to kids in local TX communities
- Meals for Families raised over $8,000, prepared over 13,000 meals, and packed 600 boxes of food for local citizens and families
Most Innovative Electricity Provider: Green Mountain Energy
Green Mountain Energy
Green Mountain Energy
Service AreasIL, MA, MD, NJ, NY, OR, PA & TX
Green Mountain Energy is the oldest renewable retail electricity provider. Since its founding in 1997, Green Mountain Energy has expanded into seven electricity markets, with its customers avoiding nearly 100 billion pounds of carbon emissions through its renewable energy plans and services.
Green Mountain Energy takes the spot as the Most Innovative Electricity Provider for their diverse plan portfolio, which offers unique plans and perks suited to a wide array of customers.
Why Green Mountain?
- Being the pioneer of the renewable energy market, their energy plans have helped its consumers avoid nearly 100 billion pounds in CO2 emissions since its founding
- Their 67 solar farms and 8 wind farms across the country allow customers to opt for wind or solar energy plans, with the option for paperless and auto-pay discounts
- A solar buyback program that gives you credit for excess renewable energy produced by your home’s solar system
- They are a carbon-neutral company and operate their offices using renewable energy and using post-consumer waste recycled paper printed with soy-ink
It’s time to make the right choice for your energy needs.
Simply type your ZIP Code in the Free Rate Comparison Tool above, and our site will find you the highest-quality providers available in your area.
Start saving today!