Compare Duquesne Light Electricity Rates
For over 100 years, the Duquesne Light Company has delivered electricity to Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas in Pennsylvania. Today, they serve over 600,000 customers and continue to invest billions of dollars into the infrastructure that reliably delivers its power. Duquesne Light also proudly supports the community through donations to charities like United Way.
Duquesne Light customers have Energy Choice, providing them the ability to compare electricity rates, switch providers and realize potential savings.
Get the Best Duquesne Light Electricity Rates
To see all rates available on ElectricityRates.com in your area, enter your zip code in the Rate Comparison Tool at the top of the page.
How to Compare Electricity Rates
ElectricityRates.com makes the once complicated process of shopping for electricity easy. Simply follow this quick three-step process.
- Enter your zip code – To get a list of providers and plans available in your area.
- Compare electricity providers and plans – Pay attention to each plan’s length and electricity supply rate.
- Switch electricity providers – After finding the right plan for you, select it and fill out the necessary information.
It’s as simple as that. After you are done, your new provider will take care of the rest. Your new plan will take effect within one to two billing cycles. Duquesne still bills you, so the only change is your new electricity rate.
Duquesne Light Company Service Area
Duquesne services a small but important region of western Pennsylvania along the border with Ohio:
- The Duquesne service area covers around 817 square miles, including more than 45,000 miles of overhead lines
- This region covers the vast majority of both Beaver County and neighboring Alleghany County, including Pittsburgh.
- This service area includes more than 525,000 residential customers, composing roughly 90 percent of the utility’s customers.
- Duquesne also services nearly 63,000 commercial and industrial customers.
Duquesne Light Energy Choice
By default, Duquesne Light customers receive both electricity delivery and supply from the utility. By choosing to participate in Energy Choice (sometimes called PA Electric Choice), Duquesne Light customers can choose their electricity provider and realize potential savings over the default rate charged for electricity supply (Price to Compare).
There are a lot of electricity providers that Duquesne Light customers can choose from, ranging from small, local electric companies to large national providers like Constellation and Direct Energy. Some providers, like Verde Energy, specialize in providing 100% renewable energy plans.
Having so many options can be overwhelming, especially if you’re new to Energy Choice. ElectricityRates.com makes your choice simple by eliminating the guesswork and only bringing you great rates from leading providers to choose from.
Understanding Your Duquesne Light Electricity Bill
There are two types of charges on your electricity bill, delivery charges and supply charges. Delivery charges are what you pay for reliable power transmission and are set by the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission.
Duquesne Light Price To Compare
The Price to Compare is the default electricity supply rate charged by your utility if you do not participate in Energy Choice. This is the rate that you can use when comparing electricity providers.
Duquesne Light Contact Information
- Residential Customer Service Number: 412-393-7100
- Report An Outage/Emergency Number: 412-393-7000
- Official Website
- Duquesne Light Account Login
Shop Electricity Rates For Pennsylvania Utilities
- PECO Energy Company
- PPL Electric
- Pennsylvania Electric Company (Penelec)
- Penn Power
- West Penn Power
For more information about Energy Choice, visit our complete guide to Pennsylvania Electricity Rates here.