Although the entire state of Pennsylvania now offers multiple electrical providers for their residents to choose their electricity from, the city of Pittsburgh, like its eastern neighbor, Philadelphia, is still paying over the national average for their electricity.
Compare Pittsburgh Electricity Providers
If you do switch providers, there are a few different things to consider when making your decision:
- What rate is the company offering?
- Will that rate change from month to month? Do you want a Fixed plan where you have the rate locked in for the length of the contract?
- How long does the contract last? Typically, contracts last between 6 and 36 months.
- Does the company offer a bonus for signing up with them?
- Where does the energy come from? Do you want to sign up for a renewable Pittsburgh electricity plan?
To compare Pennsylvania electricity providers, go to the right side of the screen and enter your zip code into our compare and switch tool. After you enter your zip code you will find a number of different Pittsburgh providers and rates to select from.
Switch Pittsburgh Electricity Rates
Now that you have compared Pittsburgh electricity rates and providers, click the select button on the plan you would like to sign up for. Now all you have to do is enter your contact and account information on the next two screens to complete your selection. Be sure to have your most recent bill on hand as this is where you will get your account information.