GoodCharlie is a new breed of energy provider serving Texas that uses its energy for good. GoodCharlie's residential electricity plans offer perks for dog owners, known as Pack Benefits, which include $750 toward emergency veterinary care, 24/7 video call access to licensed veterinarians, and bill roundups to support dog rescue programs that come at no cost to the customer. (And it's not all about dogs! Cat owners can get benefits, too.)
Table of Contents
Shop GoodCharlie Electricity Rates in Texas
|Provider||Plan Name||Length||Rate Per kWh|
At 1000kWh avg. usage
|Plan||Rate Per kWh|
At 1000kWh avg. usage
- 100% Renewable Sources
GoodCharlie Reviews and Ratings
GoodCharlie Provider Score: 4.24/5
GoodCharlie is the Most Charitable Provider in ElectricityRates.com Best Texas Electricity Providers in 2023. They are a great choice for Texans looking for a new electricity provider. Although they are fairly new to the industry, GoodCharlie is a mission-driven company committed to providing excellent service, customer support and making a difference in the community.
Product Offering & Innovation: 4.83/5
GoodCharlie offers one of the most unique electricity options in Texas (if you're a dog lover!) They combine their electricity plans with several perks if you're a dog owner which they call "Pack Benefits" These include 24/7 video vet access, a $750 emergency vet fund, and Roundup For Rescues which rounds up your energy bill and donates to local rescues in the Houston area.
Their plans also include a very flexible $20 per month remaining termination fee on your contract which is better than what average Texas electricity providers offer.
Customer Support: 5/5
GoodCharlie offers convenient online bill pay, chat and call-center support for their costumers.
Business History & Community Impact: 2.83/5
GoodCharlie has been in business since early 2022 and they are already making an impact in the community through their Roundup for Rescues program as well as other initiatives geared to help animals in need.
Customer Ratings: 5/5
GoodCharlie has a 5 out of 5 rating on Google and customers who have signed up since they launched in early 2022 have overall positive sentiment about their service and experience with the company. They also have very minimal PUCT complaints compared to other Texas electricity providers.
GoodCharlie Energy Options
- Low Cost, Fixed-Rate Electricity Plans: 12, 24 and 36-month plans
- 100% Renewable Plans: Plans that support green power and offset energy usage with 100% renewable energy sources
Why Choose GoodCharlie?
GoodCharlie is taking the mundane (paying your electricity bill) and turning it into something creatively impactful (making Texas the best place for dogs to live)while still offering competitive rates for residential consumers.
- Competitive pricing that's competitive amongst average Texas electricity rates
- Automated alerts that keep you informed and in control
- Easy-to-understand energy data and insights about your home's energy use
- 100% clean green renewable energy plan options
- Unique benefits that support your pets and others:
- 24/7 video call access to licensed veterinarians
- $750 in emergency vet care for your pet
- Roundups for Rescues – bills get rounded up and GoodCharlie donates that roundup amount to dog rescue operations
- Rufferal Program for every friend or family member you get to join GoodCharlie, GoodCharlie will donate a lifesaving treatment to a rescue operation of your choice
Residential Energy Service Areas
- Official Website
- New Service Sign-Up & Customer Support Phone Number: 800-205-5230
- GoodCharlie Account Login & Bill Pay
Note: If you're experiencing an electricity outage, contact your local utility company.