About Reliant Energy
Reliant Energy is a subsidiary of NRG and one of the largest electricity companies in Texas serving over 1 million customers across the state. Reliant has been around since the beginning of Energy Choice in Texas, and over the years, has dedicated itself to pioneering new power solutions.
Reliant has a huge selection of electricity plans that are meant to fit the needs of any type of customer. The provider is also committed to the Texas community, donating $5.5 million to 200 community programs in the Lone Star State.
Reliant's Energy Offerings
Reliant's list of electricity plans is extensive, offering fixed-rate plans, variable-rate plans, indexed plans and more.
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Reliant has a solid selection of fixed-rate plans that can lock your rate in for as long as two years.
- Product Bundled Plans: Many of the fixed-rate electricity plans offered by Reliant come bundled with product incentives, like a smart thermostat or security camera.
- Time-Of-Use Plans: Time-of-use plans have different electricity rates depending on the time frame you use your electricity. Reliant offers time-of-use plans that have lower rates at night and on the weekends.
- Renewable Energy Plans: Reliant also has a selection of renewable energy plans. These electricity plans let you support renewable generators by using daily electricity.
Why Choose Reliant Energy
Wide Range of Plans
In addition to having electricity plans for homeowners and renters, Reliant also offers business electricity plans. They're one of the top REPs in Texas when it comes to providing electricity to small and medium-sized businesses. Whether you're shopping for your home or business, Reliant offers several solid fixed or variable rate options.
Top Notch Customer Service
While having a wide plan selection and competitive rates is important, Reliant's customer service is what really stands out. Reliant is consistently rated as one of the top electricity companies in Texas, and its customer service plays a major role. Many other REPs try to skimp out on customer service by outsourcing or understaffing, but Reliant Energy doesn't fall prey to this temptation.
Free Nights and Weekends
As part of the wide variety of plans that Reliant offers, they also have several Free Nights, Free Weekends, and Flex Days plans. With free nights and weekend plans, you get unlimited free electricity for select hours in the evenings and on the weekends. Keep in mind, however, that these plans will only pay off if those time periods are when you use most of your electricity because your rates will be higher during other times of the day.
With Reliant's flex days plan, you don't have to pay for electricity on the two highest-usage days of each week. Doing the math, that comes out to between eight and ten free days per month which can really pay off.
Perks and Benefits
- Free nights and weekends on select plans
- Discounts when you enroll in online autopay
- Certain plans offer AC and heater protection and service perks
- Renewable electricity plans that use 100% solar power or wind power
How do you know if any of the plan types above are right for you? Learn more about finding the right plan with ElectricityRates.com's in-depth guide for comparing electricity rates in Texas.
Reliant Community Involvement
Reliant's commitment to local communities in Texas is as deep as its roots in the Lone Star State. Through donations and employee volunteer time, Reliant has supported over 150 charity organizations in Texas.
Reliant Community Involvement Highlights
- $5.5 million donated & 4,000 hours volunteered by employees in 2021
- $1 million donated to organizations in need during the COVID pandemic
- Unique Reliant Gives Vote program
Reliant Energy Business and Commercial Electricity
Reliant will make special accommodations to service a medium or large business. If your business uses a high amount of electricity, you're able to negotiate with Reliant for lower rates and customized plans.
Reliant Energy also offers a piece of online software called Energy Commander to help businesses manage and pay for their electricity.
Reliant Energy currently offers the following business plan options:
- Small Business Reliant offers affordable business electricity plans, tools and services to manage your small business energy needs.
- Large Business Reliant offers a diverse portfolio of plans, products and personalized services to manage your large business energy needs.
- Builder & Multifamily Reliant provides tools and resources like forms and reports to help builders, property managers and realtors to manage client and tenant electricity needs.
How to Find Affordable Rates With Reliant Energy
The best way to compare Reliant's electricity rates with other REPs is with Tiler on ElectricityRates.com, Tiler is the best way to compare Texas electricity rates and find a plan that fits your needs. With Tiler, you can easily get personalized recommendations tailored just for you!
ElectricityRates.com helps you compare pricing options, but they also help you compare the fine details of various plans. We show you the pricing structure and fine print associated with any plan that's available in your area so that you know exactly what you're getting into. We can help you spot hidden fees, tiered rates, and many other pricing snafus that can lead to a higher than expected electricity bill.
Contact Information & Billing
- Official Website
- Reliant Account Login & Bill Pay
- Reliant Customer Service Number: 1-866-222-7100