About Reliant Energy
Reliant Energy is a subsidiary of NRG and one of the largest electricity companies in Texas serving over 1 million customers across the state. Reliant has been around since the beginning of Energy Choice in Texas, and over the years, has dedicated itself to pioneering new power solutions.
Reliant has a huge selection of electricity plans that are meant to fit the needs of any type of customer. The provider is also committed to the Texas community, donating $3.5 million to 200 community programs in the Lone Star State.
Reliant's Current Energy Offerings
Reliant's list of electricity plans is extensive, offering fixed-rate plans, variable-rate plans, indexed plans and more.
Reliant has a solid selection of fixed-rate plans that can lock your rate in for as long as two years.
Product Bundled Plans
Many of the fixed-rate electricity plans offered by Reliant come bundled with product incentives, like a smart thermostat or security camera.
Time-of-use plans have different electricity rates depending on the time frame you use your electricity. Reliant offers time-of-use plans that have lower rates at night and on the weekends.
Renewable Energy Plans
Reliant also has a selection of renewable energy plans. These electricity plans let you support renewable generators by just using the electricity you use every day.
How do you know if any of the plan types above are right for you? Learn more about finding the right plan with ElectricityRates.com's in-depth guide for comparing electricity rates in Texas.
Reliant Community Involvement
Reliant's commitment to local communities in Texas is as deep as its roots in the Lone Star State. Through donations and employee volunteer time, Reliant has supported over 200 charity organizations in Texas.
Reliant Community Involvement Highlights
- $3.5 million donated & 7,000 hours volunteered by employees in 2019
- $800,000 donated to organizations in need during the COVID pandemic
- Unique Reliant Gives Vote program
Reliant Energy Business and Commercial Electricity
Reliant will make special accommodations to serve if you are a medium or large business. If your business uses a high amount of electricity, you're able to negotiate with Reliant for lower rates and customized plans.
Reliant Energy also offers a piece of online software called Energy Commander to help businesses manage and pay for their electricity.
Reliant Energy currently offers the following business plan options:
- Small Business Reliant offers affordable business electricity plans, tools and services to manage your small business energy needs.
- Large Business Reliant offers a diverse portfolio of plans, products and personalized services to manage your large business energy needs.
- Builder & Multifamily Reliant provides tools and resources like forms and reports to help builders, property managers and realtors to manage client and tenant electricity needs.