Located in southern Pennsylvania, York is a city filled to the brim with a rich history. In fact, the town has been called an “architectural museum” because of its expertly preserved 18th-century buildings.
On top of this history, York residents also have the option to choose their electricity provider. It’s called Energy Choice, and it allows you to compare York electricity rates, switch providers and save on your electricity bill. To start comparing rates, enter your ZIP code at the top of this page.
Get The Best York Electricity Rates
Met-Ed is York’s local utility company. Here are featured plans for Met-Ed customers:
To see all plans, enter your ZIP Code at the top of the page.
How to Compare York Electricity Rates
ElectricityRates.com makes comparing and switching York electricity providers painless. Just follow this three-step process, and you will be on your way to a new electricity plan in minutes.
- Enter your ZIP Code – Enter your ZIP Code at the top of this page to see providers and plans in York.
- Compare electricity providers – Compare plans based on rate, length and if they are from 100% renewable sources
- Switch electricity providers – After finding the right plan for you, select it and switch.
Your new provider takes care of the rest and your new plan comes into effect within one to two billing cycles. Met-Ed is still your utility company, so it still delivers your electricity and bills you. The only things that change are your electricity provider and plan.
How To Find The Best Electricity Plan For You
Here are some factors to consider when switching York electricity providers:
- Electricity Supply Rate – The electricity supply rate is the rate for your electricity supply by the kilowatt-hour. It’s listed on your electricity bill and you use it when comparing electricity plans.
- Electricity Plan Type – There are many types of electricity plans out there. ElectricityRates.com offers fixed-rate plans. Among these fixed-rate plans, there are plans with incentives (like smart home systems) and plans sourced from 100% renewable energy.
- Electricity Plan Length – On ElectricityRates.com, the plan length shows how long your electricity rate is locked in. A plan’s length can range anywhere from 6 months to 3 years.
About York Energy Choice and Deregulation
In 1996, Pennsylvania deregulated its electricity market. This gave York residents Energy Choice, or the ability to choose their electricity provider. The benefit of Energy Choice is that retail electricity providers (REP’s) compete for your business and usually offer favorable electricity prices as a result.
The official electricity shopping site in Pennsylvania is called PA Power Switch. There, you’ll find hundreds of offers from electricity providers with varying levels of credibility and trustworthiness. This can make it very difficult to compare plans and be sure you’re choosing the best one.
As an alternative to PA Power Switch, ElectricityRates.com offers only great rates from leading providers so you don’t have to worry about making the wrong choice.
York Business Electricity Rates
If you own a business in York, you may be missing out on huge electricity savings if you’re not taking advantage of Energy Choice. Businesses generally use more electricity than households. Because of this, businesses can qualify for extremely low electricity rates.
To see how low, fill out a business electricity quote request form. After, an ElectricityRates.com energy advisor will get in touch with you to get an electricity plan designed for your business. That could include customized rates, energy bill optimization and more!
Looking for more information about comparing rates? Visit the PA electricity rates page.