In 1886, Scranton, Pennsylvania installed the first successful electrified trolley system, earning it the nickname “The Electric City.” It still lives up to that name today, as Scranton residents have to power to take control of their electricity costs through Energy Choice.
Energy Choice allows you to choose your electricity provider. On ElectricityRates.com, you can compare Scranton electricity rates, switch plans and save on your electricity bill. Read on to learn more, or enter your ZIP Code above to start comparing.
Get The Best Scranton Electricity Rates
Scranton’s local utility is PPL Electric Utilities. Here are feature rates for PPL customers.
How to Compare Electricity Rates
ElectricityRates.com makes it easier than ever to find the best Scranton, PA electricity rates. Using the free Rate Comparison Tool, you can compare plans side by side and pick the best one for you. All you have to do is follow these three simple steps.
- Enter your ZIP code – To see providers and plans in Scranton.
- Compare electricity providers – Compare plans and pay special attention to each plan’s length and electricity supply rate.
- Switch electricity providers – Select the best plan for you and fill out the necessary info to switch.
After switching, your new provider will take care of the rest. The switch will come into effect within one to two billing cycles. You’re still billed by PPL and the only difference will be your new electricity supply rate.
How To Find The Best Scranton Electricity Plan For You
Consider these factors when switching Scranton electricity providers:
- Electricity Supply Rate – Your electricity supply rate is listed on your electricity bill and you use it when comparing electricity plan rates. It’s what you pay by the kilowatt-hour for electricity supply.
- Electricity Plan Type – ElectricityRates.com offers fixed-rate plans, some of which include other incentives (like smart home systems) and some that source from renewable energy.
- Electricity Plan Length – Since ElectricityRates.com offers fixed-rate plans, the plan length shows how long your electricity rate is locked in. It can range from 6 months to 3 years.
What is Energy Choice?
In Scranton, PPL doesn’t generate the electricity that you use. They focus on the safe & reliable delivery of electricity. PPL also shops for the electricity that they deliver and then pass the rate that they pay along to their customers known as the default supply rate or “Price to Compare”.
Scranton residents however have more options. Energy Choice, sometimes called PA Electric Choice lets you compare Pennsylvania electricity companies and go with the best one for you. Benefits of Energy Choice include finding lower rates than the Price to Compare, locking in a long-term rate for more predictable billing and budgeting and supporting 100% renewable energy.
Business Electricity Rates
If you’re a Scranton business owner and you don’t take advantage of Energy Choice, you’re likely leaving a lot of money on the table. Since businesses use much more electricity than households, they can qualify for extremely low electricity rates.
Visit our business electricity rates page to learn more about Energy Choice options for businesses. Request a custom quote and one of our leading provider partners will reach out to discuss your options. These will include bill customization, energy optimization and more tailored for your business.
Want more information on Energy Choice? Visit our Page about comparing Pennsylvania electricity rates.