Home to 60,000 Pennsylvanians, Lancaster has a multifaceted economy that includes healthcare, manufacturing and tourism. It is one of the largest cities in Pennsylvania, with attractions that have been around since colonial times, like its Central Market.
If you are a Lancaster resident, you have Energy Choice. This gives you the opportunity to compare Lancaster electricity rates, switch electricity providers and save on your electricity bill. Enter your ZIP code in the Rate Comparison Tool at the top of this page to see how much you could be saving.
Get The Best Lancaster Electricity Rates
PPL Electric Utilities serves the Lancaster area. Check out some of the best plans available below:
To see all plans in your area, enter your ZIP Code above.
How to Compare Electricity Rates
Comparing and switching PA electricity companies is quick and easy with ElectricityRates.com. Just follow this three-step process, and you can be on your way to a better electricity plan in minutes.
- Enter your ZIP Code – To see providers and plans in Lancaster.
- Compare electricity suppliers – Compare plans by looking at each plan’s electricity supply rate and length.
- Switch electricity providers – After finding the right plan for you, select it and switch.
Within one to two months, your new plan will come into effect. You’ll still get your electricity bill from PPL and the only thing that will change is your electricity supply rate.
How To Find The Best Lancaster Electricity Plan For You
When switching providers in Lancaster, you should consider the following factors:
- Electricity Supply Rate – The electricity supply rate is the rate for your electricity supply by the kilowatt-hour. It’s listed on your electricity bill and you use it when comparing electricity plans.
- Electricity Plan Type – To save you as much as possible, ElectricityRates.com offers fixed-rate plans. Among these fixed-rate plans, there are plans with green energy and with other incentives (like smart home systems).
- Electricity Plan Length – For plans featured on ElectricityRates.com, the plan length shows how long your electricity rate is locked in. A plan’s length can range anywhere from 6 months to 3 years.
How Does PA Electric Choice Work?
In 1996, Pennsylvania deregulated its electricity market giving Lancaster residents Energy Choice. This means that you can shop for electricity rates and choose the best one for your home rather than being stuck with what PPL provides by default.
Pennsylvanians can choose from a wide variety of electricity plans including long term fixed-rate plans, plans from 100% renewable sources, plans with smart home device bundles and more!
Renewable Energy in Lancaster
The city of Lancaster has a strategic plan in place to promote a sustainable culture. The Lancaster Sustainability Program includes provisions for promoting sustainable energy and green power in addition to stability in city finances, overall wellness of residents.
If you want to support green power in Lancaster, you’re in luck! You can sign up for a 100% renewable energy plan and offset your electricity usage with renewable energy.
To get started, enter your ZIP Code a the top of the page and look for 100% renewable options for PPL customers in Lancaster.
Lancaster Business Electricity Rates
If you own a business in Lancaster, you may be missing out on huge electricity savings if you’re not taking advantage of Energy Choice. Businesses generally use more electricity than households. Because of this, businesses can qualify for extremely low electricity rates.
Fill out a business quote request form to see how much you could be saving. Energy advisor from one of our leading provider partners will get in contact with you. They will help you get an electricity plan designed for your business, which may include customized rates, energy bill optimization and more!
Want more information about Energy Choice in PA? Visit the Pennsylvania electricity rates page.