Located in the center of the Lehigh Valley, Bethlehem is one of the largest cities in Pennsylvania at 75,000+ residents. If you’re one of those residents, you have the opportunity to participate in PA’s Electric Choice program.
This allows you to compare Bethlehem electricity rates, switch electricity providers and get potential savings on your electricity bill. To start comparing, enter your ZIP Code at the top of this page.
How to Get the Best Bethlehem Electricity Rates
Bethlehem local utility is the PPL Electric Utilities. See a snapshot of the best plans available below:
Comparing Bethlehem Electricity Rates
ElectricityRates.com’s goal is to help find the best electricity plan for you. To compare the best Bethlehem electricity plans and switch to a new provider, follow this simple three-step process.
- Enter your ZIP Code – Use the Rate Comparison Tool at the top of this page to see providers and plans in Bethlehem.
- Compare electricity providers – Pay special attention to each plan’s length and electricity supply rate.
- Switch electricity providers – After finding the right plan for you, select it and switch.
After you are done, your new plan will come into effect within one to two billing cycles. PPL is still your utility, so it still delivers your electricity and bills you. The only things that change are your electricity provider and plan.
How To Find The Best Electricity Plan For You
Here are some factors to consider when switching Bethlehem electricity providers:
- Electricity Supply Rate – This is the rate for your electricity supply charged by the kilowatt-hour. You use it when comparing electricity plans. Your current rate is listed on your electricity bill.
- Electricity Plan Type – ElectricityRates.com offers fixed-rate plans. Some plans can include incentives (like smart home systems) and some are sourced from 100% renewable energy.
- Electricity Plan Length – On ElectricityRates.com, the plan length shows how long your electricity rate is locked in. A plan’s length can range anywhere from 6 months to 3 years.
Learn more about your electricity plan options here.
How does Energy Choice work in Bethlehem?
Energy Choice became available to Bethlehem residents after Pennsylvania deregulated its electricity market in 1996. After this, electricity consumers now had the option to pick their own electricity provider and it forced electricity providers to compete.
Today, Bethlehem residents have more control over their electricity. If they want to pick a plan with renewable energy, they can. If they want to save as much money as possible on their electric bill, they can lock in a low electricity rate for years with a fixed-rate plan.
Bethlehem Electricity Providers
There are 100+ electricity providers to choose from in Pennsylvania. Some specialize in green energy like Verde Energy, while others have a wide array of options like Constellation. In fact, with so many options to choose from, it’s easy to get confused. How do you know you are picking the right provider and electricity plan?
ElectricityRates.com ensures you don’t have to worry about that. By vetting each provider before it is allowed on the site, ElectricityRates.com makes sure you only see leading providers offering the best electricity plans.
Bethlehem Business Electricity Rates
If you’re not taking advantage of Energy Choice as a Bethlehem business owner, you may be leaving a lot of money on the table. Businesses use much more electricity than households. Because of this, they can qualify for extremely low electricity rates.
Visit the business electricity rates page to learn more about your options. Fill out a request for a free customized quote and an energy expert from one of our leading provider partners will be in touch.