Located along the Susquehanna River, Harrisburg is the capital of Pennsylvania. It has a rich history, playing an important role in the American Civil War with its huge industrial sector. Today, just under 50,000 people call Harrisburg home.
If you are among those 50,000, you have Energy Choice. This allows you to compare Harrisburg electricity rates, switch electricity providers and save on your electricity bill.
Get The Best Harrisburg Electricity Rates
PPL Electric Utilities serves the Harrisburg area. See a snapshot of the best plans available below:
Find the Rate Comparison Tool at the top of the page and enter your ZIP Code for all rates in your area.
How to Compare Harrisburg Electricity Rates
ElectricityRates.com makes it easier than ever to find the best Harrisburg electricity rates. With the Rate Comparison Tool, you can compare multiple electricity providers and plans side by side, and switch in minutes. All you have to do is follow this simple three-step process.
- Enter your ZIP Code – To see providers and plans in Harrisburg.
- Compare electricity providers – Pay special attention to each plan’s electricity supply rate and length.
- Switch electricity providers – After finding the right plan for you, select it and switch.
Within one to two billing cycles, your new plan will come into effect. PPL is still your utility, so it delivers your electricity and bills you. Your electricity provider and plan are the only things that change.
Finding the Best Rates in Harrisburg
When switching electricity providers in Harrisburg, you should consider the following factors:
- Electricity Supply Rate – This is the rate for your electricity supply charged by the kilowatt-hour. It’s listed on your electricity bill and you use it when comparing electricity plans.
- Electricity Plan Type – There are many types of electricity plans out there. ElectricityRates.com offers fixed-rate plans. Among these fixed-rate plans, there are plans with incentives (like smart home systems) and plans sourced from 100% renewable energy.
- Electricity Plan Length – On ElectricityRates.com, the plan length shows how long your electricity rate is locked in. A plan’s length can range anywhere from 6 months to 3 years.
Harrisburg’s Energy Choice & Deregulation
Energy Choice became available to Harrisburg residents after Pennsylvania deregulated its electricity market in 1996. After this, the electricity consumer now had the option to pick their own electricity provider. This forced electricity providers to compete, giving today’s electricity consumers more choices.
PA Power Switch is the official energy shopping website operated by the PA PUC. There you’ll find a wide range of plans to choose from offered by suppliers with varying levels of credibility.
On ElectricityRates.com you’ll only find great rates from reputable PA energy providers so you can rest assured you’re making the best choice.
100% Renewable Energy in Harrisburg
Harrisburg is included in Pennsylvania’s Alternative and Clean Energy Program (ACE). This program was established to make renewable energy sources available throughout Harrisburg and the entire state of PA. It works by providing grant and loan funds for projects supporting the growth of green energy generation.
If you want to sign up for a 100% renewable energy plan in Harrisburg today – you’re in luck! Enter your ZIP Code at the top of the page and look for the “100% renewable sources” label on plans in the Marketplace.
Harrisburg Business Electricity Rates
Harrisburg business owners can save a lot of money through Energy Choice. Since businesses use much more electricity than households, they can qualify for very favorable electricity rates.
To see how much you could be saving, visit the business page and request a custom quote. An ElectricityRates.com advisor will then get in touch with you and help you get an electricity plan designed for your business. This can include customized rates, energy bill optimization and more!
To learn more about Pennsylvania electricity, visit our comprehensive page about PA electricity rates.