First Choice Power
First Choice Power, a division of Direct Energy, has deep roots in Texas and has been a leading electricity provider since Texans got the power to choose in the early 2000s. Their mission is to put customers at the forefront by offering the best electricity rates and plans that are basic enough for all to understand.
Originally founded as the retail electricity division of Texas-New Mexico Power, First Choice Power was acquired by Direct Energy in 2011 expanding its Texas footprint and reputation as one of the largest independent retail energy providers in the U.S. with over 6 million residential and business energy customers.
First Choice Power Fast Facts
- Company Headquarters – Houston, TX
- Founded – 2001
- Energy Options – Low Fixed Rate Electricity Plans, Pre-paid and No-Deposit Electricity
First Choice Power Electricity Plans
- Fixed-Rate Electricity Plans – Lock in an electricity rate for an extended period. These rates may be subject to an enrollment fee and termination fee.
- Power-To-Go Electricity Plans – Plans that require no deposit, credit check, and the convenience to pay as you wish.
- No Contract Electricity Plans – No contract plans that give you the freedom of month-to-month payments and the ability to switch rates at any time.
How to Compare Electricity Rates
Comparing Texas electricity rates is fast and easy with ElectricityRates.com’s Rate Comparison Tool. All you have to do is follow a simple three-step process:
- Enter your ZIP Code – Enter your zip code to see providers and available rates for your Texas utility.
- Compare electricity providers and plans – Compare rates, plan length, renewable options and more to find the right plan for you.
- Switch electricity providers – After finding the right plan, select it, fill out the necessary information, and switch.
After you switch, your selected provider will contact your utility and take care of the rest!
Why Choose First Choice Power?
First Choice Power is affordable, and their goal is simple. Offer prices as low as possible, so you can spend your hard-earned dollars on other things. No gimmicks, no hidden fees, and no fine print that you will find with some other Texas electricity companies.
- Low Fixed-Rate, Prepaid and No-Deposit Electricity Plans
- No Gimmicks, Easy to Understand Terms and Conditions
- Mobile App & Online Bill Pay Options
- Corpus Christi
- El Paso
- Fort Worth
- League City
- San Angelo
Texas Utility Companies
Learn more about the Texas utilities that handle the transmission and distribution of electricity in Texas.
First Choice Power Contact Information
Last Updated: 5/29/2020