Located right outside Boston, Cambridge is home to schools so prestigious they are household names. However, whether your a student or not, all Cambridge residents need access to affordable electricity. Thankfully, you can use Energy Choice to get it.
Energy Choice lets you take control of your electricity by giving you the ability to choose your own electricity provider. Combine this with ElectricityRates.com, which can help you compare great Cambridge electricity rates side by side, and you can find the perfect plan for you.
Start comparing plans by entering your ZIP Code at the top of this page.
Shop The Best Electricity Rates In Cambridge
How Does Energy Choice Work?
In 1998, the state of Massachusetts deregulated the electricity market, giving electricity consumers Energy Choice, or the ability to pick their own electricity provider.
To understand Energy Choice, it’s important to know the difference between utility providers and electricity providers.
- Utility Provider – In charge of the distribution of electricity to your home. You cannot switch utility providers. If you live in Cambridge, Eversource is your utility provider.
- Electricity Provider – Supplies the electricity you use. Energy Choice allows you to switch electricity providers. Your utility provider can also be your electricity provider.
Energy Choice forces electricity providers to compete with one another, keeping electricity prices low, but also giving the electricity consumer more options than ever before.
If you want to pick a low fixed-rate plan and save as much as possible, you can do that. If you want to support the transition to clean energy, you can get a renewable electricity plan and do that as well. The choice is yours.
How To Compare Cambridge Electricity Plans?
ElectricityRates.com platform makes switching electricity plans a breeze. Just follow this simple three-step process.
- Enter Your ZIP Code
- Compare Electricity Providers and Plans
- Switch Electricity Providers
That’s as simple as it gets! After that your new provider will take over within one to two billing cycles. There are no interruptions in your service when you switch.
However, if you want the best plan for you, you should understand these factors that go into your electricity plan.
- The Electricity Supply Rate – The rate by the kilowatt-hour for your electricity supply. Find your current rate on your bill. If you source your electricity through Eversource, use the Price to Compare.
- The Plan’s Length – Since plans on ElectricityRates.com are fixed-rate plans, the plan length shows you how long your rate is locked in for. Check the Plan Details to see if a plan has any termination fees if you cancel a plan before it ends.
Choose A Renewable Electricity Plan
Cambridge Massachusetts has many green initiatives. Many of these initiatives involve making the city more energy-efficient by improving municipal buildings and vehicles.
If you want to do your part for the environment, you don’t have to shell out the big bucks to get a solar roof. With a renewable energy electricity plan, you can support renewables by paying your electricity bill each month. The money you spend will purchase renewable energy credits, which offset your electricity usage by putting renewable electricity into the grid.
Business Electricity Rates in Cambridge
Business owners can save through Energy Choice too. All you have to do is fill out a business quote request form and ElectricityRates.com will hook you up with a provider that can design a plan for your business.
Business electricity rates are based on your electricity usage. The more electricity you use, the lower your electricity rate can get. Plans can also come with customized rates, energy bill optimization and more.
Electricity Rates In Popular Massachusetts Cities
See electricity rates in cities throughout Massachusetts:
- Boston Electricity Rates
- Lowell Electricity Rates
- Springfield Electricity Rates
- Worcester Electricity Rates
Learn more about Massachusetts electricity rates.