Compare Con Edison Electricity Rates
Con Edison's was founded in 1823, promising to light up New York City's streets with gas lamps. Now they operate one of the largest energy delivery systems in the world, providing energy to over 10 million people in New York City and Westchester County.
If you are a Con Edison customer, you have Energy Choice. This allows you to compare electricity rates, take advantage of competing electricity offers and switch providers. Keep reading to learn more, or enter your ZIP Code at the top of the page to start comparing in seconds.
Get the Best Con Edison Electricity Rates
Sorry, we don't offer residential electricity rates for the selected options.
How To Compare Electricity Plans
ElectricityRates.com makes finding the best Con Edison electricity plans easy. To compare leading providers and switch in minutes, just follow this simple three-step process.
- Enter your ZIP Code To get a list of providers and plans in your area
- Compare electricity providers and plans Consider each plan's electricity supply rate and plan length to find the right plan for you.
- Switch electricity providers After you find the right plan for you, select it, fill out the necessary information and switch
That's it! Your new provider will take over within one to two billing cycles and you still pay your electricity bills through Con Edison. The only change you'll notice is your electricity rate.
Con Edison delivers electricity to all of New York City and Westchester County. In addition to NYC, they serve the following cities:
- Mount Vernon
- New Rochelle
- White Plains
Con Edison Energy Choice
If you live in New York City or Westchester County, Con Edison delivers your energy and will always do so. Where your energy comes from, however, is your choice.
You will get your electricity from the utility by default. However, you also have the ability to compare offers from retail electricity providers that may offer lower rates, better incentives, or 100% renewable energy plans.
Some of the benefits of participating in Energy Choice and switching to a retail electricity provider are:
- Ability to shop for the best energy supplier, rate and terms for you
- Getting a single bill from Con Edison
- Benefitting from special offers like discounted rates and 100% green energy
Reading Your Con Edison Electricity Bill
On your Con Edison electricity bill, there are two types of charges: delivery charges and supply charges. When you take advantage of Energy Choice and switch electricity suppliers, you are taking control of your electricity supply charges.
- Charged by Con Edison
- For reliable energy transmission and delivery
- Set no matter who your electricity provider is
- Charged by your electricity provider
- For the electricity that you use – by the kilowatt-hour (kWh)
- Change when you switch providers
Con Edison Price To Compare
Con Edison's Price to Compare is your electricity supply rate if Con Edison is your electricity provider. When you're comparing electricity providers and plans, you can use the Price to Compare to see how much you will save if you switch from Con Edison. You can find the Price to Compare on your most recent electricity bill.
Con Edison Contact Information
- Residential Customer Service/Emergency Number: 1-800-752-6633
- Start, Move or Stop Con Edison Service
- Electricity Outage Map
Shop Electricity Rates For Other New York Utilities:
Still have questions about switching providers? Check out our comprehensive guide to New York electricity rates.