Compare Ohio Edison Electricity Rates
Ohio Edison delivers electricity to over one million customers throughout Central and Northeast Ohio. They are a subsidiary of FirstEnergy which serves residents throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland and New Jersey.
Keep reading to learn more about comparing electricity rates or enter your ZIP Code at the top of the page to compare rates in your area instantly.
Get The Best Ohio Edison Electricity Rates
Here’s a snapshot of the best Ohio Edison electricity plans:
For all rates, enter your ZIP Code in the free Rate Comparison Tool found at the top of the page.
How To Compare Ohio Electricity Rates
ElectricityRates.com makes comparing electricity rates for Ohio Edison easy! Simply follow this three-step process that only takes a few minutes.
- Enter your ZIP Code – To see plans and providers for Ohio Edison.
- Compare electricity suppliers and plans – Pay attention to each plan’s length and electricity supply rate.
- Switch electricity providers – After finding the plan for you, just fill out the necessary info and switch!
It’s that simple. Your new electricity supplier will take care of the rest, completing the switch within one to two billing cycles. Since Ohio Edison still bills you and delivers your electricity, there are no interruptions in your service or in the way you pay the bill.
Ohio Edison Energy Choice
In 1999, Ohio deregulated the electricity market, giving consumers Energy Choice. This lets Ohioans choose their own electricity supplier, rather than being stuck with their local utility’s electricity supply.
There are many ways that you can take advantage of Energy Choice.
- Lock in a low fixed-rate plan – One of the main reasons why people switch. With Energy Choice, you can lock in a low electricity supply rate for years. This saves you from unexpected rate hikes and can help you save on your electricity bill.
- Take advantage of incentives – Some electricity plans come with incentives. They range from a 90-day risk-free guarantee to actual products like smart home systems.
- Supporting Green Power – Want to support renewable energy? A renewable energy electricity plan sources all its electricity from renewable sources. Look for the 100% Renewable Sources label in the ElectricityRates.com Marketplace.
Ohio Edison Service Area
Ohio Edison delivers electricity to over 1 million customers throughout the Northeast and Central portions of Ohio, including Akron, Lorain, Sandusky and Youngstown.
Understanding Your Ohio Edison Electricity Bill
When choosing an electricity plan, it’s important to understand your Ohio Edison electricity bill. There are two main components of your electricity bill: delivery charges and supply charges.
- For the delivery of electricity and infrastructure maintenance
- Charged by your local utility (Ohio Edison)
- Don’t change if you switch electricity providers
- Charged for the electricity that your home uses
- Based on ¢ per kilowatt-hour (kWh)
- Can be lower if you shop electricity rates
Ohio Edison Price To Compare
The Price to Compare is the electricity supply rate for default electricity service from Ohio Edison. You can use this rate to compare electricity plans and see how much you can save by switching. The Price to Compare changes periodically and you can find it on your electricity bill.
Ohio Edison Contact Information
- Official Website
- Customer Service Number: 1-800-633-4766
- Report An Outage Number: 1-888-544-4877
- Report an outage online or view outage map here
Compare Rates for Other Ohio Utilities
Follow the links below to compare rates for other Ohio utilities.
Want more information about getting the best electricity rates? Visit our in-depth page on Ohio electricity rates.