Are you ready to save big?
Many of these programs and rebates are offered through Energize Connecticut, and range from a few bucks off your next LED light bulb, to saving thousands on a new HVAC system. Take a look and see where you can save!
Eversource Program Overview
Learn more about specific programs by clicking the links below.
- Eversource Energy Savings Plan – Use your energy consumption data to get a plan that will help you lower your energy consumption.
- Eversource Savings Center – Find discounts on energy-efficient products and appliances like light bulbs, thermostats and more.
- Home Energy Solutions – Get a low-cost home energy audit to increase the energy efficiency of your home and save on your energy bills.
- HVAC Rebates and Discounts – Save hundreds or even thousands on your next HVAC upgrade.
- Water Heater Discounts – Save up to $750 on an extremely efficient water heater.
- Residential New Construction Program – Build your home to certain efficiency standards and receive rebates ranging from $1,500-$7,000+.
- Looking For Other Ways To Save?
Eversource's Energy Savings Plan
Eversource's Energy Savings Plan is a free online planning tool that uses your energy consumption data to help you build a plan to lower your energy consumption.
This tool can help you compare your home's energy usage with similar homes, see what's consuming the most energy in your household and can recommend and track energy efficiency improvements.
To get started, go to the Eversource Energy Savings Plan page.
Eversource Savings Center
The Eversource Savings Center is a marketplace where you can purchase energy-efficient appliances like light bulbs, thermostats, washers and dryers, TVs and more. Certain products come with hefty discounts that you can use to save.
At the time of this writing, the most notable discount is the $100 off smart thermostats, making many of the thermostats extremely affordable.
To receive any of the discounts/rebates on the site, you just need to prove that you're an Eversource electricity customer when you check out.
Home Energy Solutions Energy Audit
Home Energy Solutions is a state-wide program that offers a home energy audit for the low price of $50. Here’s how a home energy audit works:
- An energy technician comes to your home to evaluate its energy efficiency.
- The energy tech makes on-the-spot improvements, installing things like energy-efficient light bulbs and low-flow showerheads.
- After the audit, the energy tech provides further recommendations to improve your home’s energy efficiency.
They will also make you aware of further rebates and incentives that you can use to save money on energy-efficiency upgrades. For example, you may be able to get $1.70 off per square foot of recommended home insulation.
Depending on your home, this program can help you make significant cuts to your energy bills. For $50, the average Connecticut household has received $1,000 in services and $200-$250 in energy savings a year. Plus, if you fall under certain household income specifications, you can have this fee waived and may be eligible for special rebates.
How To Apply For A Home Energy Solutions Energy Audit
To get the fee waived and qualify for special rebates based on your income, Eversource instructs you to call 1-877-WISE-USE (1-877-947-3873). You will need to provide proof of income.
If you rent, you will need your landlord's permission to complete a Home Energy Solutions energy audit.
HVAC Rebates & Discounts
Your heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems can contribute up to 50% of your total energy costs. To help you combat this, Eversource partnered with Energize Connecticut to offer rebates and discounts on HVAC equipment:
- Central Air Conditioners ($200 per unit) – Get a rebate for ENERGY STAR-certified air conditioners.
- Air Source Heat Pumps ($250 – $1,500 per ton) – Get $250+ off central or ductless heat pumps and possibly save hundreds of dollars a year on your energy costs.
- Geothermal Heat Pump ($750-$1,500 per ton rebate) – Geothermal heat pumps absorb heat from the Earth's crust to help heat your home. While they are expensive, these systems are roughly four times more efficient than a traditional HVAC system and can save you up to 70% on your heating costs.
- Natural Gas, Oil or Propane Heating Systems ($35-$750 discount) – Don't use electricity to heat your home? Find discounts on efficient heating systems that use other types of fuel.
How To Apply For HVAC Rebates & Discounts
To qualify for these rebates and discounts, the system you install in your home must meet certain energy-efficiency criteria and go through a specific installation process. You can find all these details on EnergizeCT.com.
Water Heater Discounts
After your HVAC system, your water heater is likely the next largest energy hog in your home. On average, water heaters make up 14% of a home's total energy consumption. Thankfully, as an Eversource customer, you can get large discounts on ENERGY STAR-certified water heaters to cut back.
- Heat Pump Water Heater ($750 discount) – These systems are two-three times more efficient than a conventional water heater. To get this discount, you or your contractor can purchase a water heater from a participating distributor on EnergizeCT.com.
- Natural Gas Water Heater ($300 discount) – Receive a $300 discount on a natural gas tankless water heater or natural gas standalone condensing water heater.
How To Get Water Heater Discounts
To qualify for these discounts, the system you purchase must hit certain energy-efficiency thresholds. You can find the minimum specifications for the heat pump water heater and the natural gas water heaters on EnergizeCT.com.
If you want to apply for the natural gas water heater discount, you must have a professional purchase the equipment from a participating distributor and install it for you.
Residential New Construction Program
If you're building a new home, you can receive rebates ranging from $1,500-$7,000 if you build your home to certain energy efficiency standards. These rebates are based on what's called a Home Energy Rating Systems (HERS) index. Furthermore, you may be able to qualify for more federal rebates that can put even more cash in your pocket.
How To Use The Residential New Construction Program
To qualify for these rebates, you must start this process before you start construction on your new home.
- Call The Eversource Program Administrator at 860-665-5825 to get started.
- Hire A HERS Rater – You can find participating HERS Raters on EnergizeCT.com.
- Submit Application Plans – Before you move forward with construction, your HERS Rater submits the application with your plans.
- Build Your Home And Conduct Tests – Build your home and your HERS Rater will conduct tests and inspections along the way.
- Submit Your Final Rebate Application
Looking For Other Ways To Save On Your Electricity Bill?
In the long run, you can earn back the money you spend on the programs above through savings on your energy bills. But if you don't want to spend that money to save, you don't have to.
If you switch electricity providers, you can find a plan with a lower electricity supply rate and start saving for free, right now.
To make your switching process a breeze, ElectricityRates.com lets you compare plans and providers side by side so you can find the perfect plan for you.
It's simple. Enter your ZIP Code at the top of this page, pick the plan you like and switch! You'll be on your way to a better electricity plan in minutes.
|Provider||Plan Name||Length||Rate Per kWh||Sign Up|
36 Month Home Power Plan
Live Brighter 36
Live Brighter™ 18
Live Brighter™ 12
|Plan||Rate Per kWh|
36 Month Home Power Plan
Live Brighter 36
Live Brighter™ 18
Live Brighter™ 12
Disclaimer: Rebates and programs change regularly and may differ from what's written in this post. Check out your utility's website or EnergizeCT.com to ensure you have all the necessary information to qualify for rebates and discounts.