Advertiser Disclosure: At ElectricityRates.com, our number one goal is to help you make better energy decisions. We adhere to strict editorial guidelines, however this post may include references to products offered from our partners.
The list of the most and least energy-expensive states was recently published by WalletHub and there are some very interesting findings in terms of electricity cost:
- Hawaii, New York and Alaska topped all states with the highest electricity prices for 2015
- Connecticut didn’t fall to far behind the top 3 for most expensive, ranking 48th for the 2015 highest electricity price. Connecticut also ranked 43rd for most expensive electricity cost per month at an average of $142 per month
- Pennsylvania and Maryland ranked towards the middle of the pack in terms of total energy expense but came in at 34th and 42nd for monthly electricity cost
- Even though Massachusetts ranked extremely high in terms of total energy; for monthly electricity cost MA ranked 14th coming in at an average of $108 per month
- The top 3 states with the lowest electricity prices for 2015 are Washington, North Dakota and Idaho
Whether you are in a state with high or low electricity costs, be sure to check back for electricity shopping and saving tips!