Customers who are looking to change Ameren electricity providers will need their account number. See below for information on how to find your account number on your Ameren bill.
Ameren Bill Information
To switch Ameren electricity rates, all that you need is your account number on your bill:
- Account Number: Your 10 digit account number can be found in the top left side of your Ameren bill.
Compare Ameren Electricity Providers
Now that you have your Ameren account number, you can start comparing electricity plans and providers by typing your ZIP Code into our free compare and switch tool at the top right of this page and clicking search. You will then find many electricity providers, rates and plans you can select from.
When you Compare Ameren rates, some items you should look at are:
- What is your current Ameren supply rate on your bill?
- Electricity providers usually offer between 6 and 36 month Ameren plans. What contract length are you looking for?
- Are you looking for an Ameren renewable electricity provider?
Save on your Ameren Bill
After comparing Ameren electricity providers and finding the provider that you would like to switch to, click select and start entering your information. This is when you will need your Ameren account number.
Your new provider will contact Ameren about your switch. You will still get billed by Ameren directly.
Usually it takes one to two billing cycles for you to see the change in your supply rate on your Ameren bill.
For any billing questions and emergencies, contact Ameren directly.
Other ways to find your Ameren Customer Information
Still having trouble finding your customer information? To get your Ameren account number you can also:
- Log-in to your Ameren account
- Call Ameren directly at 800-755-5000