Compare Atlanta Gas Light Rates
Founded in 1856, Atlanta Gas Light brought light to Atlanta’s streets using the gas lamp, which had to be manually lit and extinguished each day. The utility company has come a long way since then. Today, Atlanta Gas Light operates state-of-the-art infrastructure, distributing natural gas to 1.6 million Georgia customers. This makes it the largest distributor of gas in the southeast US.
Atlanta Gas Light is unique, as it does not supply natural gas to its customers. Under Georgia law, Atlanta Gas Light customers must choose their own natural gas provider (called “marketers” in Georgia), forcing providers to compete.
If you are an Atlanta Gas Light customer, you can take advantage of this by comparing natural gas plans and finding the best plan for you. Read on to learn more, or enter your ZIP Code at the top of this page to start comparing.
Get The Best Atlanta Gas Light Natural Gas Rates
Sorry, we don't offer residential electricity rates for the selected options.
How To Compare Atlanta Gas Light Rates
ElectricityRates.com’s goal is to make natural gas shopping fast, simple and secure. The Rate Comparison Tool helps you quickly compare the best plans for Atlanta Gas Light side by side and enroll in minutes. Just follow this simple three-step process.
- Enter your ZIP Code – To see providers and plans.
- Compare gas suppliers and plans – Pay careful attention to each plan’s natural gas rate and length.
- Switch natural gas providers – After finding the right plan for you, select it, fill out the necessary info and enroll.
It’s as simple as that! Your new natural gas provider will take over within one to two billing cycles and you will pay your bill through your new provider.
Atlanta Gas Light Service Area
Atlanta Gas Light’s service area is spread throughout the state. It delivers natural gas to at least a part of the following populous cities in Georgia:
- Johns Creek
- Sandy Springs
Reading Your Natural Gas Bill
There are two categories of charges on your natural gas bill, base charges and natural gas supply charges. Base charges are for the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas to your home. Supply charges are what you’re in control of when you sign up for natural gas service through an approved gas marketer.
Atlanta Gas Light Base Charges
- Regulated by the Georgia Public Service Commission
- Costs for delivering gas, pipeline maintenance and meter reading
- May adjust up and down based on regular reviews
Natural Gas Supply Charges
- For the natural gas that you use in your home
- Charged by the therm
- Locked-in depending on the terms that you signed up for when choosing a natural gas supplier
Atlanta Gas Light Contact Information
- Official Website
- Stop, start or transfer AGL natural gas service
- To Report a Lead and other Emergencies, Call 877-427-4321
- AGL Residential Customer Service Number: 800-427-5463
For more information about comparing natural gas rates, visit the in-depth guide to Georgia gas choice here.