To switch Maryland electricity providers, Potomac Edison customers will need their customer number. See below for information on how to find your Potomac Edison customer number on your bill.
Potomac Edison Bill Information
If you are a Potomac Edison customer, all you will need is your customer number on your electric bill:
- Customer Number: Your 20 digit customer number, starting with “08”, can be found on the right side of your Potomac Edison electric bill under the “Charges from Potomac Edison” section.
Compare Potomac Edison Electricity Rates
Once you have found your Potomac Edison customer number on your bill, start comparing electricity rates by going to the top right of the page and entering your ZIP Code into our compare and switch tool. Once you click search, you will find a number of Potomac Edison electricity rates, providers and plans you can choose from.
Some things to take into account while you compare plans are:
- When looking at your bill, what is your current Potomac Edison supply rate?
- What is the length of the contract that you want?
- Are you considering a 100% renewable energy plan?
Save on your Potomac Edison Bill
Now that you have compared Potomac Edison electricity providers and have selected one to switch to, click select and start entering your information. This is the point in which you will need your Potomac Edison customer number.
Once you have completed your switch, your new provider will contact Potomac Edison about your switch. You will still get billed by Potomac Edison.
Typically it takes one to two billing cycles for your to see the change in your supply rate on your bill.
For any billing questions and emergencies, contact Potomac Edison directly.
Other Ways to find your Potomac Edison Customer Number
Having trouble finding your customer number? To get your Potomac Edison customer number you can also:
- Log-in to your Potomac Edison Account
- Call Potomac Edison directly at 800-686-0011
For more information, check out our Potomac Edison utility page[rates_search clear=”rates”]