ComEd customers who are looking to change Illinois electricity providers will need your account number. See below for information on how to find your ComEd account number on your bill.
ComEd Bill Information
When switching ComEd electricity providers, all that is needed is your account number on your ComEd bill:
- Account Number: Your 10 digit account number can be found at the top of your ComEd bill.
Compare ComEd Electricity Rates
With your ComEd account number, start comparing electricity rates and providers by entering your ZIP Code into our compare and switch tool at the top right of this page and clicking search. You will then find a number of electricity providers, rates and plans you can choose from.
When you are comparing ComEd rates, some questions you should ask are:
- What is your current ComEd supply rate? ( Your supply rate can also be found on your ComEd bill)
- ComEd providers typically offer between 6 and 36 month plans. What contract length are you looking for?
- Are you considering a ComEd renewable electricity provider?
Lower Your ComEd Bill
Now that you have compared ComEd electricity providers and have found the provider that you want to switch to, click select and start entering your information. This is when you will need your ComEd account number.
After you have submitted your enrollment, your new provider will contact ComEd directly about your switch. You will still get billed by your utility, ComEd.
It typically takes one to two billing cycles for your to see the change in your supply rate on your ComEd bill.
For any billing questions and emergencies, contact ComEd directly.
Different Ways to find your ComEd Customer Information
Still having trouble finding your customer information? To get your ComEd account number you can also:
- Log-in to your ComEd account
- Call ComEd directly at 800-334-7661
For more information about ComEd, check out our ComEd utility page.[rates_search clear=”right”]