Penelec customers, when changing electricity providers you will need your customer number. See below for information on how to find your Penelec customer on your bill.
Penelec Bill Information
You will only need your customer number on your electric bill to switch Penelec electricity providers:
- Customer Number: Your 2o digit customer number, starting with ‘o8’, can be found on the left side of your Penelec bill under “Basic Charges.”
Compare Penelec Electricity Rates
Once you have your Penelec customer number, start comparing electricity rates by going to the top right of the page and entering your ZIP Code into our free compare and switch tool and clicking search. You will then find a number of Pennsylvania electricity providers, rates and plans you can choose from.
Some things to take into account while you compare plans are:
- What is your current Penelec supply rate?
- What electric contract length are you looking for? Many Penelec suppliers offer 6 to 36 month contracts.
- Are you looking for a renewable energy Penelec plan?
Lower your Penelec Electric Bill
Now that you have compare Penelec electricity plans and found one that you want to switch to, click select and start entering your information. This is the point in which you will need your Penelec customer number.
Your new provider will contact Penelec directly about your switch. You will still get billed by Penelec.
It usually takes one to two billing cycles for your to see the change in your supply rate on your Penelec bill.
For any billing questions and emergencies, still contact Penelec directly.
Other Ways to find your Penelec Customer Information
Still having trouble finding your customer information? To get your customer number for Penelec you can also:
- Log in to your Penelec Account online
- Call Penelec directly at 800-545-7741
For more information about Penelec, go to our Penelec utility page