We are currently in a period of low rates and after the Spring electricity rates are likely to increase. Now is the time to lock in these low rates and save on your electric bill. Check below to see when your rates are scheduled to increase then compare and switch electricity providers to avoid potential rate hikes.
Why Switch Electricity Providers?
Millions have switched electricity providers because it’s easy, safe and helps them save.
Compare and Switch in Under a Minute
Switching electricity providers can be broken down into an easy 3 step process:
1. Enter Zip Code: To start, enter your zip code into our compare and switch tool at the top of this page. Then click the search button and select your utility
2. Compare Electricity Plans: After selecting your utility, compare electricity providers and their plans. Some items to take into consideration are:
- How much will you save: Electric rates are shown as “cents per kWh”. To see your potential savings, compare these rates to the utility’s price-to-compare and your current supply rate which can be located on your most recent bill.
- Contract Term: The electricity plan length usually ranges from 6 to 36 months. The recommended plan term for the average electric customer is 12 to 36 months
3. Enroll: Once you have found the plan you would like to switch to, fill out the contact and account information pages and then sit back, relax and enjoy your savings.
Save up to 32% by Switching
- Current customers have saved up to 32% over their current utility’s price to compare for the supply rate. With a potential rate hike increase and rates changing monthly, now is the time to make the switch and experience what millions already are.
Switching is Safe
- Switch with confidence: We have recieved an A+ rating from the Better Business Bereau and have been verified and secured by Notron and Go Daddy
- No disruptions of service: there will be no interruptions to your current service while the switch is taking place. The supply rate on your electric bill will be the only thing that changes.
What to Expect After Enrolling
- Once the switch is submitted, your new provider will contact your current utility
- Typically it takes 1 – 2 billing cycles for the information to process and for your new supply rate to show on your bill. Delivery and transmission rates will NOT be effected when you switch to a new electricity provider
- Your current utility will continue to deliver your electricity, send your bill, and address any emergencies