If you are a PEPCO customer and are looking to change Maryland electricity providers you will need your service number. See below for information on how to find your PEPCO service number on your bill.
PEPCO Bill Information
When switching PEPCO electricity providers, all you will need is your service number on your PEPCO bill:
- Service Number: Your 22 digit service number can be found on the third page of your PEPCO bill.
Compare PEPCO Electricity Providers
Now that you have your PEPCO service number, start comparing electricity rates and providers by entering your zip code into our compare and switch tool at the top right of this page and clicking search. You will then find a number of electricity providers, rates and plans you can choose from.
When you are comparing rates, some questions you should ask are:
- What is your current PEPCO supply rate? (this can also be found on your PEPCO bill)
- Electricity providers for PEPCO typically offer between 6 and 36 month plans. What contract length are you looking for?
- Are you considering a PEPCO renewable electricity provider for your switch?
Lower Your PEPCO Bill
After comparing PEPCO electricity providers and finding one that you want to switch to, click select and start entering your information. This is when you will need your PEPCO service number.
Your new provider will contact PEPCO directly about your switch. You will still get billed by PEPCO.
Usually it takes one to two billing cycles for your to see the change in your supply rate on your PEPCO bill.
For any billing questions and emergencies, contact PEPCO directly.
Other Ways to find your PEPCO Customer Information
Still having trouble finding your customer information? To get your PEPCO service number you can also:
- Log-in to your PEPCO account
- Call PEPCO directly at 202-833-7500
For more information about PEPCO check out our PEPCO utility page.