When you are looking to change electric providers in Maryland and you are a BGE customer you will need your electric choice ID. See below for information on how to find your BGE electric choice ID on your bill.
BGE Bill Information
You will only need your electric choice ID on your bill to switch BGE electricity providers:
- Electric Choice ID: Your 10 digit electric choice ID can be found at the top of your BGE electric bill next to the “electric details.”
Compare BGE Electricity Rates
Now that you have your BGE electric choice ID, start comparing electricity providers and rates by going to the top right of the page and entering your zip code into our free compare and switch tool and clicking search. You will then find a number of Maryland electricity providers, rates and plans you can choose from.
Some things to take into account while you compare plans are:
- What is your current BGE supply rate?
- What contract length are you considering signing up for? BGE suppliers offer 6 to 36 month contracts.
- Are you looking for a renewable energy BGE plan?
Lower your BGE Electric Bill
Once you have compared BGE electricity rates and found one that you want to switch to, click select and start entering your information. This is the point in which you will need your BGE electric choice ID.
Your new provider will contact BGE directly about your switch. You will still get billed by your utility.
It usually takes one to two billing cycles for your to see the change in your supply rate on your BGE bill.
For any billing questions and emergencies, contact BGE directly.
Other Ways to find your BGE Customer Information
Still having trouble finding your customer information? To get your electric choice ID for BGE you can also:
- Log-in to your BGE Account
- Call BGE directly at 800-685-0123
For more information about BGE, check out our BGE utility page