Compare Direct Energy Rates
Serving over 4 million residential customers, Direct Energy is one of the largest electricity, natural gas and home services providers in North America. They are also one of the largest commercial and industrial electricity with over 240,000 business electricity customers.
Direct Energy supports organizations focused on improving the lives of children and donate to charities including Children Miracle Network Hospitals and Texas Children’s Hospital. In 2015, employees volunteered more than 9,500 hours.
- Founded – 1986
- Company Headquarters – Houston, Texas
- Customers Served – 4,000,000+
- Products Offered– Electricity, Natural Gas, Home Protection and Business Electricity
Types of Electricity Plans
Direct Energy offers the following types of electricity plans for customers with Energy Choice. They also offer discounts for signing up for paperless billing and auto-pay. Rate availability is subject to your area and local utility provider.
- Fixed-Rate Plans up to 36 Months
- Free Nights and Weekends
- 100% Renewable Energy
How to Compare Direct Energy Electricity Rates
Comparing electricity rates is simple with ElectricityRates.com’s Rate Comparison Tool. All you have to do is follow a simple three-step process.
- Enter your ZIP Code – Enter your zip code at the top of the page to see rates in your area.
- Compare providers – Compare rates to find the right plan for you.
- Switch and save – After finding the right plan, select it, fill out the necessary information, and switch.
Why Choose Direct Energy?
Selecting an energy provider can seem overwhelming, but Direct Energy offers pricing designed to fit your budget so you can spend your energy on other things. When you choose Direct Energy as your energy provider, you’ll also get:
- Access to a personalized suite of energy usage insights and tools
- Convenient Bill Payment Options
- A Learning Center filled with easy-to-understand information to help you manage your energy costs
Direct Energy serves customers with Energy Choice in the following states. They also offer home protection plans to all 50 states and parts of Canada.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
- Washington D.C.
Direct Energy Contact Information
If you’re experiencing an electricity outage, please contact the local utility that delivers your electricity or natural gas.